August 17th, 2020
As you know, the company provided a Comprehensive Best Offer to the union. Our offer is a very good offer. Our proposal:
- Increases wages for all associates
- Provides secure, affordable health care benefits
- Stabilizes pension benefits
You can download and review our entire proposal, including wage sheets by classification.
Here are a few things you should know about last week’s bargaining sessions:
- Local 455 has communicated that our proposed company-administered plan stands in the way of reaching an agreement.
- The union’s health care proposal calls for significant changes to your costs and coverage all while keeping your benefits tied to the unstable South-Central Fund.
- To address the union’s concern of no longer having a voice with your health care, we added language in our Comprehensive Best Offer that union and company representatives would meet quarterly to discuss and address concerns. And, as always, the union would continue to bargain your benefits in future negotiations. You would still have a voice!
- We are very disappointed that the union has offered no other solutions to ensure that your health care benefits are secure, stable and affordable through the life of the contract. Why is the union so determined to keep your benefits in the South-Central Fund?
We have scheduled more meeting dates for Aug. 18-19. We firmly believe that our Comprehensive Best Offer is a good offer for you and your family. We remain hopeful that we can reach an agreement that provides you with pay increases, keeps your benefits affordable and stabilizes your pension.
If you have any questions, please talk to your store leader or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for all that you are doing to take care of your customers and each other.
Return To Front Page