August 19th, 2020
After 26 days of negotiations, the company and union are deadlocked. Healthcare has completely frustrated and stalled negotiations and meaningful discussions for the terms of a new contract.
In a final effort to break the deadlock, Kroger Houston provided the union a Last, Best and Final Offer to settle for the Clerks Contract and Meat Contract on August 19 and asked that you be allowed to vote on this offer.
With this offer, Kroger has put everything material on the table: wages, health care, pension, and other benefits. This offer includes:
- One-Time Ratification Bonus If the offer is ratified on or before September 4, 2020 lump sum bonuses will paid as follows:
- $600 – Department Heads
- $500 – Full-Time Top Rate Associates
- $300 – Part-Time Top Rate Associates
- Wage Increases Hourly rate increases over the life of the contract ranging from $.90 to $2.45 per hour
- Stable and Affordable Benefits Provides predictable, secure and reliable health care benefits for associates through a company-administered plan already covering over 100,000 Kroger associates and their families
- Personal Holidays Associates will accumulate personal holidays more quickly
- Minimum Hours Guarantee Increases the minimum hours guarantee from 15 hours to 18 hours
- Night Shift Premium Improves wage premiums for all work performed between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. for all regularly scheduled night crew associates
We hope the union gives you the opportunity to vote on this offer. If you want to vote, speak with your union representative.
You can download and review our Last, Best and Final Offer and updated wage sheets. Thank you for all that you are doing to take care of your customers and each other.
Return To Front Page