Get the Facts
September 12th, 2020
Your union is proposing to increase the cost for your benefits
- As a matter of fact, not only is Local 455 proposing to keep your benefits in the South-Central Fund, they are proposing to significantly increase your contributions, deductibles, out of pocket maximums, etc.
- Even with these proposed changes, the union cannot guarantee that you would not experience more benefit cuts in the future by remaining in the South-Central Fund.
- You can review their full proposal here.
Questions you may want to ask the union:
- Does the union’s proposal increase weekly contributions?
- Will associates’ deductibles stay the same in the union’s proposal?
- Will associates’ out of pocket maximums increase based on their proposal?
Here are the facts of our investments in associates:
- Since March, the Kroger family of companies has invested more than $830 million across the organization to safeguard our associates and customers and reward our associates
- We provided several rounds of bonuses, premium pay and Loyalty credit above regular earnings to thank our associates for being there to meet the needs of our customers and communities during the
- By the end of 2020 the Kroger family of companies will have increased its associate wage investments across the organization by approximately $800 million—$300 million more than we had originally planned as part of our Restock Kroger initiative. Here in Houston – we are investing more than $47 million in wages with our Last, Best and Final – that’s in addition to the $8 million investment we made mid-contract in your wages in October 2019.
- As part of our continued commitment to our associates’ pensions, Kroger has proposed to invest nearly $1 billion to improve the security and stability of future retirement benefits for more than 33,000 associates across 14 divisions, including Houston Meat
Kroger believes you have waited long enough for a wage increase and deserve to be rewarded for your hard work and that you and your family deserve the peace of mind that your health care will be stable, reliable and secure with a company-administered plan. We encourage you to review and download our Last, Best and Final Offer.
Return To Front Page