September 17th, 2020
As you know, we are moving forward with implementing the terms of our Last, Best and Final Offer initially with wage improvements and health care benefits through a company-administered plan. As a reminder, wage increases will be effective for all hours worked beginning on October 4, 2020. Your 2021 health care benefits will be provided through a company-administered plan effective January 1, 2021. Open enrollment information in the company plan will be provided soon.
Because we are at impasse, earlier today we informed Local 455 that we will be implementing additional items from our Last, Best and Final Offer. Effective immediately we will implement the following:
- Minimum hours guarantee Increasing the minimum hours guarantee to 18 hours
- Personal Holidays Associates will accumulate personal holidays more quickly beginning in 2021.
- Vacation for Part-time Meat Beginning in January 2021, part-time Meat associates will receive a third week of pro-rated vacation after 10 years of service
- Daily OT Overtime will continue to be paid daily but after 8.5 hours of work
- Ability to Maximize Hours Allows associates to move within departments, including clerks assisting in the Meat department and Meat associates assisting in other departments
- Clerks will not be operating cutting equipment or machinery within Meat department
- Meat associates will not be assigned to Front-End duties
- Vendor Stocking Allows vendors to stock all bulk foods products and sanitize bulk food bins
We also have FAQs for you to download and review.
Return To Front Page