July 26th, 2021
Here’s a quick update on scheduled pay increases, negotiations and where things stand as we head into next week:
- Good news! As part of implementing our Last, Best and Final Offer, department leaders and top-rate associates will see their next pay increase effective for hours worked beginning Sunday, August 8! These pay increases will be reflected in August 19 paychecks.
- Associates that are currently within wage progressions received increases last February and will receive their next increase in February of 2022.
- As we indicated in our update last week, the company has agreed to meet with Local 455 next week on July 29-30 to consider unspecified proposals that they have indicated they will be presenting.
- We continue to remain at impasse because of health care. The union has thus far refused to make any proposal that includes a company-administered plan and that issue is still preventing new contracts. We hope their unspecified proposals will address the company’s health care concerns and enable us to move forward. Until then, we believe the company-administered plan remains the best option for our associates, and we have not seen any proposal from Local 455 that would convince us otherwise.
- We will update you next week after our discussions with the union.
If you have questions, please ask your store leader. You can also stay up to date by visiting www.krogerhoustoncba.com.
Return To Front Page