It’s unfortunate that UFCW Local 455 continues to mislead you, our associates in Lake Charles, Sulphur, and Alexandria. Our Last, Best, and Final Offers for the Lake Charles Meat clerks and Retail clerks are official and were both appropriately communicated to the union.
· Our Last, Best, and Final Offers propose a new three-step wage progression that would reward and recognize all associates with more pay.
· Associates would receive up to $2.60 more per hour, depending on role and classification.
· Regularly Scheduled Night Crew, Scan Coordinators, Assistant Department Heads, Back Door Receiving, Dairy Leads, E-Commerce Leads, and Floral Leads’ current premiums would increase up to $1.50 per hour.
· Part-time and full-time clerks would also move into the same wage progression and continue to receive wage increases through the life of the contract as they move across a step or, depending on hours worked, to a new step.
· Your store leader has more information on what our proposed wages will mean for you.
Health Care Benefits backed by and guaranteed by the Kroger Family of Companies
· Houston associates enrolled for benefits in a company-administered plan, effective January 1, 2021, and are now enjoying excellent benefits that are stable and secure. As a reminder, Houston and Louisiana associates experienced significant benefit cuts with the South-Central Fund in 2019-2020.
· With a company-administered plan, your benefit plan would not change through the life of the contract. The union can negotiate your benefits in future contract cycles, so you still have a voice.
· Over 70,000 associates across the Kroger Family of Companies are covered under a company-administered plan.
· Many associates in the Kroger Family of Companies that are covered under other collective bargaining agreements receive benefits through a company-administered plan, including associates in the Delta and Michigan Divisions, Roundy’s, and Mariano’s. Most recently, Retail clerk and Meat and Seafood associate members of UFCW Local 1546 in Illinois approved moving to a company-administered plan effective January 1, 2022.
Improves Your Ability to Maximize Hours
· Our Last, Best, and Final Offer would allow associates to move within departments which could potentially mean additional hours for associates and an opportunity to learn more aspects of the business.
· It also provides the company with the flexibility to back fill hours due to call-offs or when a department is understaffed. This work could include stocking, cleaning, sanitation, hanging tags, and customer service.
· Retail clerks would not be permitted to operate cutting equipment or machinery in the Meat department. Meat associates would not be assigned to do front-end work.
You can download and review our Last, Best, and Final Offer here . The Last, Best and Final Offer for meat clerks is found here. The specific wage schedules with notes on the wage progression are found below.
We appreciate all that you do to serve our customers, our communities, and each other.Return To Front Page