Since early this year, Kroger and UFCW Local 455 have met on multiple occasions to discuss your Lake Charles, Sulphur, and Alexandria clerks and meat clerks’ contracts. During these meetings, the company has shared and discussed our position on health care. Health care benefits need to be stable and affordable for our associates. After many months of conversations and meetings, it is clear that health care benefits continue to delay any progress in negotiations on your clerks’ and meat clerks’ contracts.
These excellent offers address wage increases, affordable health care, secure pensions, and other benefits and include:
- Wage Increases Up to $2.60 per hour in pay increases, depending on associates’ roles and classifications
- Increased Earning Opportunities Introduces a new three-step wage progression that would reward and recognize all associates
- Stable and Affordable Benefits Provides predictable, secure, affordable, reliable, and modern health care benefits for associates through a company-administered plan already covering over 70,000 Kroger associates and their families, including many that are covered under collective bargaining agreements
- Secures Pension Maintains and improves the security and stability of your past and future pension benefits
- Preserves current pension benefits for clerks
- Moves pension benefits for meat associates to a new UFCW International Union-Industry Variable Annuity Pension Plan
- Personal Holidays Part-time associates would accumulate personal holidays more quickly
- Minimum Hours Guarantee Increases the minimum hours’ guarantee to 20 hours for clerks and meat clerks
- Ability to Maximize Hours Allows associates to move within departments and potentially earn additional hours while learning more aspects of the business
- Night Shift Premium Improves wage premiums to $1.50 per hour for all work performed between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. for all regularly scheduled night crew associates
You can download and review our Last, Best, and Final Offers for clerks and meat clerks or ask your store leader for a copy. More detailed information on our wage proposal and health care proposal will be made available to you in the coming days. Thank you for all that you do to serve our customers, our communities, and each other.
This summary provides an overview of Kroger Houston’s Last, Best, and Final Offer. This Last, Best and Final Offer will prevail over any discrepancies between this summary and the actual offer.